This is a listing of other Web Sites that may be of interest to you. These links have many helpful bits of information for the genealogist.
Local resource information
- Battle Creek, NE. Home page for the Battle Creek Public Library
- Madison, NE. Home page for the Madison Public Library
- Newman Grove, NE. Home page for the Newman Grove Public Library
- Norfolk, NE. Home page for the Norfolk Public Library
- Tilden, NE. Home page for the Raymond A. Whitwer Tilden Public Library
- Madison Co. NE. – Madison County, Nebraska Government website
- Madison County Genealogical Society [ They have disbanded. No meetings. ]
– the website for the MCGS located in Norfolk, NE. 2014 version of their website https://web.archive.org/web/20160927032940/http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nemcgs/resources.htm 2019 version of their website https://sites.rootsweb.com/~nemcgs/
- Platte Valley Kin Seekers, Columbus, Nebraska
- Greater Omaha Genealogical Society, Omaha, Nebraska
- Durham Museum, Omaha, Nebraska. The Durham Museum’s Photo Archive contains over 700,000 images spanning from the 1860s to the 1990s. They document the fascinating history of Omaha from its early days as a young frontier town to a unique and sophisticated city.
- Genealogy from Omaha (Nebraska) Public Library
Nebraska State resource information
- Nebraska Genealogical Societies the list may or may not be up to date https://history.nebraska.gov/sites/history.nebraska.gov/files/doc/5.%20Genealogical%20Societies%20in%20Nebraska_0.pdf
- Searching for a Nebraska location. A listing of places with some areas missing but it can give you a start in finding a location you are searching for.
- Nebraska State Genealogical Society
– The home page for the NE. State Genealogical Society
- A Guide to Genealogical Research
at the Nebraska State Historical Society
- Nebraska GenWeb – a Madison county page on the NEGenWeb page.
This is not the Madison County Genealogical Society website.
- Nebraska Vital Records — Department of Health and Human Services
information on birth, death, marriage, divorce and other vital records
- Nebraska Library Commission website map http://nlc.nebraska.gov/aboutus/sitemap.asp
- Nebraska State Historical Society
- Nebraska Government
– Official Nebraska Government Website https://www.nebraska.gov/
- Nebraska Dept. of Health & Human Services https://dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/default.aspx
– this is the family history (genealogy) page. https://dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/Vital-Records-Family-History.aspx
- Genealogy Sources for Nebraska
provided by NebraskAccess
Other State’s resource information
- South Dakota State Historical Society https://history.sd.gov/default.aspx
- Free South Dakota Genealogy Search Engines
- Iowa Genealogy and Family History Resources
- Free Iowa Genealogy Search Engines
- Minnesota Genealogical Society
- Free Minnesota Genealogy Search Engines
- Swedish Genealogical Society of Minnesota
- State Historical Society of North Dakota
- North Dakota resources
- Kansas Historical Society Genealogy indexes
- Illinois Genealogy resources https://dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/birth-death-other-records.html
- Chicago, Illinois genealogy resources
- Allen County Public Library Genealogy Center Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Oregon genealogical information
- Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- Washington State Library genealogy resources
- Wisconsin Historical Society genealogy resources
- Wisconsin genealogical resources
- Wyoming State Archives
- Central Florida Genealogical Society, Orange County, Florida
National resource information
- Millions of graves available. Some with pictures and/or biographical
information. All volunteer submissions. To start your search go to
- U. S. Department of Veteran Affairs https://gravelocator.cem.va.gov/ngl/index.jsp
- Access Genealogy This is a free search and has lots of information.
- Cyndislist – A comprehensive, categorized & cross-referenced list of links
that point you to genealogical research sites online. Lots of information from
- DAR — Daughters of the American Revolution
- USGenWeb Project – Various information for each of the 50 States.
- Ellis Island website
- An affiliate of the Museum of Jewish Heritage—A living memorial to the Holocaust
- Vital Records – the most comprehensive resource for locating vital records United States Birth Certificates, Death Records & Marriage Licenses
- Death Indexes -Online Searchable Death Indexes & Records.
This website is a directory of links to websites with online death indexes, listed by state and county. Included are death records, death certificate indexes, death notices & registers, obituaries, probate indexes, and cemetery & burial records. You can also find information here about searching the Social Security Death Index online.
- Social Security Death Index – a searchable SSDI form is here.
- Linkpendium — Nebraska: Family History & Genealogy, Census, Birth,
Marriage, Death Vital Records & More
- National Archives — Genealogical Notes
- National Archives — Resources for Genealogists
- National Archives — Veterans Service Records
- National Archives — Research our records
- Online Military Indexes and Records: A Genealogy Guide
- Resources Search Military Records